Getting your recommended serving of veggies a day shouldn’t be a challenge, not when you have a blender on hand.
But sometimes, regardless of the bags of frozen fruit and sweet juice you have at your disposal, you still can’t get that green smoothie to taste like anything but lawn clippings.
Stop struggling to swallow that green goodness with these drinker-verified recipes that have not only passed, but exceeded the taste test.
Tips for Blending Your Smoothie Together
- Pour liquid ingredients first. Your blender’s blades rotate better through liquid so save the solid stuff for last to get the smoothest mix.
- If you over-pour your juice or coconut milk, just add some ice to thicken the smoothie.
- To buffer your smoothie, add protein powder. You can get flavorless powder or even vanilla to add some extra sweetness.
Ginger-Orange Green Smoothie Recipe
Recipe from Bridgidgallagher.com
- 1 1/2 cups filtered water
- 4 generous handfuls fresh spinach
- 4 romaine leaves (optional)
- 2 navel oranges
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 to 2-inch knob of fresh ginger
- 1 cucumber (optional)
Blueberry Mint Green Smoothie
Recipe from TheMerryThought.com
- 2 cups spinach (freeze beforehand for better blending)
- 2 cups blueberry (fresh, frozen, or both)
- 1 kiwi
- 3 to 4 large mint leaves
- 1 cup coconut water
- 1 cup ice
Matcha Pear Green Protein Smoothie Recipe
Recipe from DailyBurn.com
- 2 scoops protein powder
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 pear, cored
- 1/2 teaspoon of matcha tea powder
Mango-Coconut Green Smoothie
Recipe from KitchenTreaty.com
- 1 cup spinach leaves, packed
- 1 cup mango cubes (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 medium banana (freeze beforehand for better blending)
- 3/4 cup light canned coconut milk
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup ice cubes