From food to table settings and everything in between we’ve got you covered! Let your mom or wife know how much you love and appreciate her with a Mother’s Day that she will never forget. Below are a few ideas for creating the most beautiful and delicious brunch.
Frittata’s are the new, trendier version of a quiche! Even better they are super easy to make and will feed a crowd. To make the perfect fluffy frittata just follow this super simple formula:
- 8 large eggs
- 2 Tablespoons of fat (BUTTER!)
- 1/3 cup of dairy
- Any assortment of add-ins (Cheese, Meats, Veggies, the possibilities are endless!)
Here are some helpful expert frittata tips:
- Add a touch of cream to make it extra rich and moist
- Ideally use a 10-inch nonstick pan
- A rubber spatula is perfect for loosening the edges of the frittata
Here is one of our favorite recipes to get you started Recipe by: www.tastingtable.com
- 1 Medium Leek chopped
- ½ cup grated Gruyere cheese
- 1 tbsp. chopped Tarragon
- 4 pieces of ham
- Turn on broiler. In a nonstick skillet over medium heat, warm 2 tbsp. of butter then add leeks. Season with salt and pepper and stir often until leeks are soft (8 minutes)
- In a mixing bowl whisk, together the eggs, cream, gruyere and tarragon. Add egg mixture into the skillet. Cook until the bottom has set (12 minutes)
- Top the frittata with slices of ham and place the skillet into the oven and cook until completely set, 1 ½ minutes.
Muffins are always a breakfast fan favorite because they can be made in so many different flavors and varieties! Make the same base and add whatever your heart desires!
Here’s a basic recipe to get you started! Recipe by: epicurious.com
- 2 cups white flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup melted butter
- Preheat the oven to 375 Fahrenheit. Butter muffin pans.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in a large bowl.
- Add the egg, milk and butter, stirring only enough to dampen the flour, batter should not be smooth.
- Spoon into the muffin pans, filling each cup about 2/3 full.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes.
For delicious blueberry muffins
- ½ cup sugar
- Reserve ¼ cup of the flour, sprinkle it over 1 cup blueberries, and stir them into the batter
The Baby Bellini is the non-alcoholic take on a Bellini. It’s perfect for children and adults alike!
Recipe by www.thespruce.com
- 2 ounces of peach nectar
- Chilled sparking cider
- Pour the peach nectar into a Champagne Flute
- Slowly add the sparkling cedar
The Strawberry-Mint Sparkler (Non-alcoholic) combines juicy strawberries with tart lime and bright mint. Its light, delicious and with a beautiful pink color, how could mom resist?
- 5 medium strawberries
- ½ ounce of freshly squeezed juice from 1 lime
- 10 mint leaves
- 2 ½ ounces of club soda
- In a cocktail shaker, combine strawberries and lime juice and muddle until strawberries are dissolved.
- Add mint leaves and gently tap 5 times with muddler
- Fill 2/3 with ice. Shake until well chilled (15 seconds)
- Fill a glass with ice and add club soda. Fine-strain cocktail into a glass and stir gently.
Now it is time to make your Mother’s Day brunch even more special. Ambiance is very important so we are here to give you a few tips on little things you can do to make mom’s heart melt!
1. Place cards with a photo.
There is nothing mom loves more than adorable pictures of her children. This is the perfect way to display pictures as well as get her to reminisce on all the amazing milestones of being a mom.
2. Dine alfresco
If the weather allows and your backyard is set up for entertaining, dining outside is the perfect setting to have a beautiful gathering.
3. Make a homemade fruit bouquet
If you don’t like flowers or have hungry guests to feed, making your own fruit bouquet is a great option! Cut fruit into shapes using cookie cutters, dip in chocolate, and add a stick into it. Arrange these sticks in a form base and voile! You have a fantastic and impressive fruit bouquet!
If classic flowers are more your style for the perfect centerpiece, try these tips to make them extra special!
1. Use mom’s favorite flowers
Nothing says “I love you Mom” like giving her a bouquet of her favorite flowers!
2. Add citrus to the vase of flowers
By adding orange or lemon slices to your vase of flowers, it gives your centerpiece a bright touch!