We’ve compiled some of the most amazingly patriotic dishes that might as well have their own bald eagle sound effect when being served. Take your celebrations to the next level with these awesomely patriotic red, white and blue foods!
American Flag Pizza
Recipe by allrecipes.com
- 3 small purple potatoes
- cooking spra
- 1 (13.8 ounce) can refrigerated pizza crust
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, divided, or as needed
- 25 slices pepperoni, or more as needed
- 1 cup Alfredo sauce
- 2 cups shredded Italian cheese blend
- 5 mini mozzarella balls, halved
- Place potatoes into a pot and cover with salted water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and slice potatoes into 1/4-inch rounds.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Unroll the refrigerated pizza crust and spread it out in the baking sheet to fit to the edges. Brush the crust with about 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until lightly golden and slightly set, about 7 minutes.
- Arrange pepperoni slices on a paper towel-lined, microwave-safe plate. Microwave pepperoni on high until heated through, about 30 seconds.
- Spread Alfredo sauce over the baked crust; top with Italian cheese blend. Arrange potato rounds in the top left corner of the pizza, forming the blue portion of the flag. Brush potatoes with remaining olive oil. Place mozzarella ball halves on top of the potatoes to resemble the stars of the flag. Arrange pepperoni slices, slightly overlapping, in rows across the pizza to resemble the stripes on the flag.
- Bake pizza in the oven until the crust is golden brown and cheese is melted, about 10 minutes.
Recipe by Hubpages.com
- Hot dogs
- Prepared Breadstick Dough (we like Pillsbury)
- Block of Cheese (cheddar
- Mustard & Ketchup
- Wrap the breadstick dough around individual hot dogs.
- Bake dough as directed.
- Skewer the finished hot dog and add a triangle of cheese on top.
- Stripe with condiments.
Grand Old Flag Cheese Spread
Recipe by snackworks.com
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) brick cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar-Jack cheese blend
- 2 Tbsp. sliced pitted black olives
- 1/4 cup salsa
- RITZ Crackers
- Place cream cheese between two sheets of waxed paper. Roll out to 6×4-inch rectangle with rolling pin. Remove top sheet of waxed paper; coat top and sides of cream cheese with shredded cheese. Invert onto serving plate. Remove waxed paper.
- Arrange three rows of olives in top left corner of cream cheese rectangle for the “stars” of the “flag.” Make four 1/4-inch-deep rows, using rounded end of 1/4-tsp. measuring spoon for the “flag’s stripes,” leaving a 1/4-inch-wide space between the rows. Fill rows with salsa. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve as a spread with crackers.
Recipe by kraftrecipes.com
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 pkg. (6 oz.) or 2 pkg. (3 oz. each) JELL-O Berry Blue Flavor Gelatin
- 2 cups cold water
- 1 tub (8 oz.) COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed, divided
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, halved
- Add boiling water to gelatin mix in large bowl; stir 2 min. until completely dissolved. Stir in cold water. Pour into 9 parfait or dessert glasses.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or until firm.
- Spoon 2 cups COOL WHIP over desserts; top with berries and remaining COOL WHIP.
Red White and Blue Layered Drink
Recipe by simpleethrifty.com
- 3 oz Sobe Piña Colada or Sprite Zero (or diet clear beverage such as 7up)
- 3 oz Blue Gatorade G2
- 3 oz Cran- Apple Juice
- Ice Cubes
- Fill Glass ⅓ full of ice cubes
- Slowly Pour Cran- Apple Juice OVER the ice
- Fill another ⅓ ice cubes and slowly pour Sobe Piña Colada (or sugar free clear beverage)
- Fill final /3 with ice and slowly pour Gatorade over ice ⅓ ice cubes and slowly pour Sprite Zero (or sugar free clear beverage)
- Pour in a glass, add a straw and drink up!