There is nothing more anticipated than the football lineup for Thanksgiving Day! If you opt to trade in your turkey for some football finger foods, we have you covered with an array of delicious and simple crowd pleasing, bite-sized foods that your guests will love.
Pulled Pork Sliders
Recipe by: Whatsgabycooking.com
Burgers are always a game day favorite, but as the weather gets colder, the less desirable it becomes to go outside and grill. But have no fear! This slow cooker, pulled pork sandwich recipe by whatsgabycooking.com will keep you warm inside and will hit the spot!
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 tbsp. sweet paprika
- 2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2.5 lbs. pork butt, cut into 2 pieces
- 12 slider buns
- Combine all the ingredients except the pork butt and the buns in a slow cooker and mix together with a spoon. Add the 2 pieces of pork and cover the slow cooker. Set for 8 hours on low.
- After 8 hours, using 2 forks, shred the pork and remove the pork with the remaining sauce into a large bowl. Toast the slider buns and add some of the pulled pork to each bun. Top with some pickles are serve as needed.
Pigs in a Blanket
Recipe by: Allrecipes.com
If you haven’t had these since you were a little kid, you are missing out. Substitute a hotdog on the grill for these little pigs in a blanket. They are simple to make and will be a fan favorite for all ages!
- 8 mini frankfurters
- 8 slices American cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) package refrigerated biscuit dough
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Wrap cheese around each frankfurter then the biscuit around that. Put on cookie sheet with the overlap of biscuit face down so you don’t have to use tooth picks.
- Bake in preheated oven until biscuits are brown, about 10 to 15 minutes.
Bacon Wrapped Scallops
Recipe by: Primalpalate.com
Sick of chips and dip? Looking to add a gourmet spin on your game day party? Look no further than these bitesize bacon wrapped scallops!
- 1 lb. bacon
- 15 scallops
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Rinse scallops under cold water.
- Cut bacon strips in half.
- Wrap each scallop with 1/2 strip of bacon.
- Skewer 2–3 bacon-wrapped scallops per skewer.
- Sprinkle with smoked paprika, seasoning both sides.
- Bake at 425°F for 20 minutes.
- Flip, then bake for an additional 15 minutes.
Spice up your game day buffet with these jalapeno poppers. It doesn’t get easier than this recipe!
- 6 jalapeno peppers
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives or green onion
- 4 slices thin-cut bacon
- 12 wooden toothpicks, soaked (see notes)
- Slice each pepper in half, lengthwise. Use a spoon to scrape out the seeds and white membrane. (Seeds and the white membrane are where most of the heat comes from).
- Stir the cream cheese and chives (or green onion) together. Fill pepper halves with the cream cheese mixture.
- Slice bacon into twelve 1 1/2-inch pieces. Wrap one piece of bacon around each filled pepper-half. Secure the bacon with a toothpick.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Arrange the peppers, filling side facing up, onto the baking sheet. Bake until the bacon is crispy and the peppers are tender; 20 to 25 minutes.
Slow Cooker Chipotle-Lime Chicken Wings
Recipe by: Delish.com
Who doesn’t love wings? Even better, this recipe is so easy you can just fix it and forget about it until your game day party. Enjoy!
- 2 lb. chicken wings
- 2 tbsp. chipotles in adobo sauce
- 1 tbsp. water
- Juice of 2 limes
- Zest of 1 lime
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Place chicken wings in a large slow-cooker.
- In a large bowl, mix together chipotle in adobo sauce, water, lime juice and zest, and season with salt and pepper. Pour mixture over chicken wings and stir to coat.
- Cover and cook on high until cooked through, 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
- Heat broiler. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and pour wings onto them. Broil until crispy, 5 minutes.
- Squeeze with lime and serve