Ooooh caramel… that sweet, chewy confection! It is as American as Apple Pie Pockets. Caramel pairs perfectly with almost any dessert. It can be prepared quite simply, or it can be sculpted into delightfully elegant masterpieces. Many of our fondest memories are dripping with caramel-infused goodies. Naturally, we now set aside a day every year dedicated to sweet, gooey perfection!
April 5th is National Caramel Day and Ream’s Food Stores are here to help you celebrate! Here are some delicious recipes and sweet deals to feed those caramel urges!
Oh-So-Easy Caramel Sauce
One of the easiest ways to enjoy caramelly goodness is to whip up simple caramel sauce. Caramel sauce enhances brownies, ice cream, fruits, pies, and much more! Its only limited by your imagination! We’ll show you how to make the sauce; then you can show us what you do with it!
You’ll find these simple ingredients at Ream’s:
- 1 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
- ½ Cup Butter
- ¼ Cup Milk
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
Then follow these instructions to get saucy!
Upside-Down Caramel-Apple Biscuits
Do you love the taste of caramel apples? Sweet caramel and tart Granny Smith Apples seem to complement each other perfectly. Here’s a new take on this classic combo:
Grab these ingredients at your local Ream’s Food Store:
- 1 Can (16.3 oz) Pillsbury™ Grands!™ Flaky Layers refrigerated Butter Tastin’™ Biscuits (On Sale April 3 – April 9, 2018 for only $1.79!)
- ¼ Cup Butter
- ½ Cup Caramel Ice Cream Topping
- ¼ Cup Packed Dark Brown Sugar
- 6 Cups Sliced Peeled Granny Smith Apples (About 4 Medium)
- ½ Cup Chopped Pecans
Then follow these instructions to create your very own caramel-apple nirvana!
Caramel and chocolate pair together perfectly! Semisweet chocolate is the perfect partner to tame caramel’s sweetness. For all of you chocolate fiends out there who want to celebrate caramel day, this chocolate caramelitas recipe is for you:
- 2 cups (12 oz) Guittard Real Semisweet Chocolate Chips, Divided (On Sale April 3 – April 9, 2018 for $2.79 at Ream’s Food Stores!)
- 14 Ounces (50 pieces) Light Candy Caramels
- ½ Cup Evaporated Milk
- 2 Cups Unsifted All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Cups Quick-Cooking Rolled Oats
- 1 ½ Cups Firmly Packed Brown Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup Butter, Melted
- 1 Cup Chopped Pecans
We hope you enjoy National Caramel Day! Click here to see more of this week’s deals at Ream’s Food Stores!